Microsoft Project 2018 is a project management software product, developed and sold by Microsoft. It is designed to assist a project manager in developing a plan, assigning resources to tasks, tracking progress, managing the budget, and analyzing workloads.
Master the core features of Microsoft Project 2018, the powerful project management software. Learn how to best set up such project components as work tasks, summary tasks, milestones, and recurring tasks. We explore different types of resources used in projects, and how to set up their availability and cost. We also shows how to link tasks together and assign resources to tasks to build a realistic project schedule. Finally, the course explains how to use Project 2018 to help evaluate your schedule and resource workloads to make sure you’re bringing a project in on time and within budget. We also explain how to use the new features in Microsoft Project 2018, such as multiple timelines and the “Tell me what you want to do” field.
- Choosing the right Project edition
- Creating and saving projects
- Setting up calendars
- Creating individual and recurring tasks
- Linking and timing tasks
- Assigning tasks to resources
- Viewing your data differently with sorting, grouping, and filtering
- Fine-tuning the project schedule
- Understanding baseline, schedule, and actual values
- Reporting on the project status
- Sharing projects